Monday, June 3, 2013

REVIEW: Secret Outlast Clear Gel from Spring Fever VoxBox

Before I get started I just wanted to remind everyone that I am a member of Influenster.  This balls awesome site sends you COMPLIMENTARY samples (FULL SIZED!!!).  Membership is free, but you must be invited by a current member.  You basically fill out brief surveys on categories of your choice and those categories then help them figure out which products would be best for you to test.  You then review the to your friends via social media and word of mouth.  I've been a member for a just a little while and none of my friends hate me or have blocked me and many of the try things after I share them...and thats the whole point! Anyways, long story short:  I'm not being paid to review any the items I receive in a VoxBox :)


Time to get honest!

I got to try this product courtesy of Influenster and their Spring Fever VoxBox.  I got it for free, and I am at least kind enough to review it because, why the hell not!?  

First, I don't do gels.  Never have.  I've always used solids and I'm not loyal to any particular brand, though I do have my favorites (Secret being one of them).  Anyways, to say I was apprehensive about using a gel is an understatement.  I liked the comfort of my solid bars.  Ben, was no help.  He has tried both and told me I would hate it.  Men...

The bottle (jar??) says that it provides 48 hours of clear (maybe, it seems unclear.  Excuse the pun).  Below is a general look at it.  It smells pretty good too.  It was strong enough that my husband thought I was wearing a body spray or something.  So below is a list of pros and cons.  Direct is always best right?




PROS:

  • Smells great
  • Dried quickly
  • I tried on several outfits to test its whole "now white marks" claim and it held up wonderfully against everything from coral to black.
  • It washes away a lot easier than the solids seem to, but that had no reflection in how well it worked.
  • Honestly, saw no difference between the solid and the gel when it comes to effectively keeping the pits dry.
  • No gross, unsightly deodorant balls (HATE!!)
CONS:
  • My number one hold up is that if you aren't used to gel, it feels really freaking gross.  *GAG*
  • The scent is strong.  My hubby could smell it even when my arms weren't up.
  • It seems petty, but it is cold as hell EVERY time you put it on.  And after a warm shower, that shit is jarring!
That is honestly it cons wise.  They all seem relatively easy fixes and things you can get used to with time.  So , woot woot to Secret!  Before I go, I wanted to share this cute video from Secret.  Good for a giggle :0)



Hugs Til Later!
Domesticated1022

No comments:

Post a Comment