Friday, June 7, 2013

Spring Fever VoxBox Item Review: Tastykake Kandy Bar Kakes

Hey there fellow sweet tooth suffers!

Doing a brief review on one of the items I received in my Spring Fever VoxBox.  I'm tacking my disclaimer down below this time so you can just get to the..cream filling...of this post (ahhh, see what I did there??  So clever).

So in my VoxBox I received the S'mores Kandy Bar Kake.  I split it with my daughters.  I thought initially that they were going to be small, but it was actually a good sized bar (As you'll see in the photo below, it was almost the size of my voxbox).  Big enough that I could sample it, and give both my girls the other half.  Hubby also managed to snag a bite.  Basically, it will fill any sweets craving you might be experiencing.  I'm REALLY not a fan of anything with a cream filling or marshmallows.  Hostess and I haven't shared a moment together in years and Little Debbie is only around because of her peanut butter bars.  My Hubby and minions LOVE all that stuff, so I was half expecting to write this review from their perspectives.


                                           Sweet Mother of Abraham Lincoln, this was goood!


Gonna shamefully admit that once I unwrapped it and got a whiff of that chocolate and graham cracker smell, the decision wasn't so set in stone.  I really enjoyed it!  Marshmallow middle and all!  The kids of course loved it and Hubby decided it was worth putting on the grocery list.  After I liked their page on Facebook (in hopes of snagging coupons in the future), a friend commented on the activity and said that her and her boyfriend were addicted to the Reese's peanut butter Kandy Bar Kakes.

HOLD THE MOTHER EFFING PHONE....
IT COMES IN PEANUT BUTTER?!?

OH, MY, GLOB.  So on the hunt we went for these little morsels.  I didn't find them at Publix or Winn-Dixie, and after some pretty aggressive texts to my fellow peanut butter loving friends, and one facebook convo later, I found out she bought them at Wal-Mart.  Sweet baby Jesus, they were amazeballs.  AMAZEBALLS!

The only downsides to the bars are that they are pretty up there in calories and they can be a bit crumbly (the S'mores on was ore so than the Reese's one).  So if your'e not timid about calories and just want one hell of a sweet tooth fix, then you'll really enjoy these.  They'll run you about $4.50 a box and I think they came 5-6 to a box.

Basically, try them out!  We liked the peanut butter ones best, and there is one more flavor that I fail to remember so I'm including a link to the Tasty Kake website down below.

Hugs til Later!!
Domesticated1022

tastykake.com


I just wanted to remind everyone that I am a member of Influenster.  This balls awesome site sends you COMPLIMENTARY samples (FULL SIZED!!!).  Membership is free, but you must be invited by a current member.  You basically fill out brief surveys on categories of your choice and those categories then help them figure out which products would be best for you to test.  You then review the to your friends via social media and word of mouth.  I've been a member for a just a little while and none of my friends hate me or have blocked me and many of the try things after I share them...and thats the whole point! Anyways, long story short:  I'm not being paid to review any the items I receive in a VoxBox :)

No comments:

Post a Comment